Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Melody Jane Dolls Houses Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);|
|Melody Jane Dolls Houses Ltd,
we or us
Melody Jane Dolls Houses Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 09073233 whose registered office is at Cambrian, Bryn Rd, Conwy, LL22 9HN;|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Melody Jane Dolls Houses Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Melody Jane Dolls Houses Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, www.melodyjane.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Date of Birth;
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Melody Jane Dolls Houses Ltd is the "data controller".
- We will retain any Data you submit for 12 months.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
Third party websites and services
- Melody Jane Dolls Houses Ltd may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Melody Jane Dolls Houses Ltd (where such Data is held).
- Data security is of great importance to Melody Jane Dolls Houses Ltd and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer.
Melody Jane Dolls Houses Ltd has carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Melody Jane Dolls Houses Ltd to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|Strictly necessary cookies||These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.|
|Analytical/performance cookies||They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.|
|Functionality cookies||These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).|
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
|__cfduid||juicer.io||Used by the content network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic.||1 year||HTTP|
|CookieConsent||melodyjane.com||Stores the user's cookie consent state for the current domain||1 year||HTTP|
|language||melodyjane.com||Saves the user's preferred language on the website.||29 days||HTTP|
|currency||melodyjane.com||Saves the user's preferred currency on the website.||29 days||HTTP|
|PHPSESSID||melodyjane.com||Preserves user session state across page requests.||Session||HTTP|
Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
|_ga||melodyjane.com||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||2 years||HTTP|
|_gat||melodyjane.com||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate||Session||HTTP|
|_gid||melodyjane.com||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||Session||HTTP|
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
|ads/ga-audiences||google.com||Used by Google AdWords to re-engage visitors that are likely to convert to customers based on the visitor's online behaviour across websites.||Session||Pixel|
|collect||google-analytics.com||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.||Session||Pixel|
|__unam||melodyjane.com||Saves the user's navigation on the website including what pages have been viewed and how long the browser has been used to view each page.||9 months||HTTP|
|__stid||sharethis.com||Registers a unique ID that identifies the user's device for return visits.||1 year||HTTP|
Live Chat Cookies, these are used to retain your live chat session and provide statistics and the reporting of information.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
- Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA.
These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
EU Controls and Privacy Rights
If you are usually resident in the EU, Melody Jane Dolls' Houses is the data controller of your information. In accordance with EU law and the GDPR, you have a number of rights and choices regarding the use of your information.
Access and Porting. As described in the section ‘Controlling Use of Your Data’ and 'Accessing Your Own Data', you can access much of your information by logging into your Melody Jane Dolls' House account. If you require additional access or if you do not have a Melody Jane Dolls' House account, contact us to request a copy of your information. Where legally required, we can provide your information in an easily accessible format and assist in transferring some of this information to third parties.
Rectify, Restrict, Limit, Delete. You can also rectify, restrict, limit or delete much of your information by logging into your Melody Jane Dolls' House account. If you cannot do this, or you do not have a Melody Jane Dolls' House account, please contact us. For more information on deleting your account or leaving Melody Jane Dolls' House account, please contact us.
Object. In certain circumstances, such as those described in the ‘Legitimate Interests’ section above, you also have the right to object to the processing of your information by us. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons. Where we use your data for direct marketing purposes, you can always object using the unsubscribe link in such communications, changing your account settings, or by contacting us.
Revoke consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your information and your use of our Services at any time. Similar to the way in which you can give consent by interacting with our Services, you can also withdraw your consent through our Services. You can choose to delete your Melody Jane Dolls' House account as described above.
Complain. Without prejudice to any other rights you may have, you also have the right to file a complaint against us with your local supervisory authority.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Melody Jane Dolls Houses Ltd by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
30 April 2018