Your Cart
10% off your next order - Subscribe & save SEE DETAILS

Safety Information - Lithium Batteries

Battery-Operated Products Containing Lithium Button Batteries

Important Safety Notice:

This notification includes crucial safety precautions and other essential information regarding the battery-operated items available to purchase from Melody Jane Dolls Houses.

Please take the time to carefully go through this notice and ensure comprehension before purchasing or using any of our battery-operated products.

Our battery-operated lights are primarily intended as a hobbyist product for adult miniature enthusiasts, aiming to illuminate and enhance your dollhouses and 1:12 scale models.

Kindly note that these items are not appropriate for children under 14 years old. It is essential to store any batteries or battery-containing products out of children's reach at all times.

Important notice - Lithium Coin Batteries

Crucial Safety Guidelines for Lithium Coin Batteries

Exploring our range of 1:12 scale battery-operated lighting products for dollhouses, you'll find 3V lithium coin cell batteries, also known as button batteries.

Ingesting these batteries can have severe consequences, including significant chemical burns, tissue damage, and even death. Please take note of the safety instructions provided below.

Never place batteries in your mouth, as swallowing can lead to severe chemical burns, tissue damage, and potentially fatal outcomes. Severe burns may appear within 2 hours of ingestion.

If you suspect that a battery has been swallowed, seek immediate medical attention.

In the event of battery leakage or corrosion, take precautions to prevent direct contact with skin or clothing, and handle with great care.

To mitigate the risk of fire and burns, avoid recharging, disassembling, or incinerating batteries.

Child safety: button batteries

Larger lithium ‘coin cell’ batteries (about the size of a five pence piece) are the most dangerous Smaller batteries can be inserted into places such as ears and noses, causing serious injuries for children if undetected.

Store spare batteries securely

Store spare button batteries securely and out of children’s reach. Be careful when opening multipacks of button batteries to ensure they do not fall on the floor.

Know what products use button batteries

Ensure that you know what gadgets and toys use button batteries and check that the button battery compartment is secure. Put products with unsecured button batteries out of children’s reach. Under product safety regulations, button battery compartments in toys are required to be secured.

Educate older children about button batteries

Communicate with older children about the dangers of button batteries including why they should not play with them or give them to younger children.

Discard dead button batteries straightaway

Dead button batteries can still have enough power to badly hurt a small child. When you remove a button battery, store it securely, and recycle it properly and promptly.

Act promptly if you suspect a child has swallowed a button battery

If you think your child has swallowed a button battery, take them straight to the nearest A&E department or call 999 for an ambulance. Take the battery packaging, toy, or gadget if you can to help staff identify the battery. Symptoms may not be obvious. Your child might be coughing, gagging, or drooling, or pointing to their throat or tummy. Unclear or fluctuating symptoms mean it is important to be vigilant. Do not let your child eat or drink or make your child be sick.