You'll find a vibrant and growing community of smart, enthusiastic people at Melody Jane Dolls' Houses. Our goal is to foster conversations that are helpful, informative, and fun. We very much would like you to help us do just that, so here are some guidelines for how to participate.
We encourage members to express their own opinions and to engage in lively debate. You can leave reviews on our products, you can engage in discussions on our community forums or you can interact with us on our social platforms. However, this shouldn't be at the expense of other people's enjoyment.
Also remember that this is a family site so content should be suitable for readers of all ages.
RULES OF THE ROAD
Here are things that will get your comment or forum post removed and quite possibly get you banned. Note that this is not a comprehensive list. Our moderators reserve the right to remove anything we deem inappropriate.
- Spam: Zero tolerance, of course! If it comes from a human or a robot, spam will be deleted.
- Personal attacks: Don't attack or insult another user. It's not helpful and it doesn't make Melody Jane a friendly place. This includes calling other members trolls.
- Illegal activities: Posting links to illegal downloads, ways to steal service, and other nefarious activity is not OK here.
- NSFW material: Nope, not allowed. Even images or links that could be considered borderline are not acceptable. A good rule of thumb is that anything beyond PG-13 will get you in trouble, but we reserve the right to remove any post we deem offensive. This goes for pornographic material, vile language, gore and generally gross stuff.
- Racism, sexism, and other discrimination: Attacking entire classes of people is just like attacking a single person: we'll ban you for it.
- Trolling: "Trolling" is a big, messy term, but we know what trolls are and we won't tolerate it. If you're abusing the good conversations here at Melody Jane, we will take your comments and posts down. This includes taking a thread off-topic, by the way.
- Multiple accounts and throwaway emails: We don't allow multiple accounts per user. Using a disposable email address signals to us that you might not be here for the right reasons. You also may not create accounts designed to impersonate another person.
- Cross posting: Don’t make duplicate posts across different forums — it clogs things up and fractures the conversation.
- Above all, our team of moderators works to keep conversation here friendly, engaging, helpful, and productive. If we feel a comment or forum post is harming that endeavor, we’ll take action.
See any of the above? You can help us out by flagging a comment on our Facebook page or on our community forums, or you can email us - email@example.com. Any comments that are a reply to spammy / inappropriate / trolling comments will also be deleted with the original comment, so don't reply — just flag!
- Isn’t this censorship? Well, no and yes. We’re trying to foster great conversation and we will remove comments that harm that endeavor. You’re free to say whatever you like other places, but not here. At Melody Jane we have a different standard, working very hard to keep the conversation informative and fun. The bottom line is that the editors and moderators have the final say on whether it fits within our community guidelines.
- Questions about moderation: We're happy to have a discussion with you about it — in private. We've found from long and hard experience that public complaints about moderation just leads to people trying to "game" the system. If you have a question about moderation, hit us up on our contact form and we'll have a talk. If there's a big policy change or something we would like to say publicly about moderation, we'll post it in our Announcements forum and update this document.
- Helping out our moderators: Moderators work very, very hard with your best interests at heart. Please help them out by flagging inappropriate comments and take heed when they ask you to change your behavior. Note that most of our moderators are volunteers freely dedicating their time to help make things better. They don’t speak for the site, but still deserve your gratitude.
These rules are in place for a happy environment for you. At the end of the day.... be nice ;)